Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Friendships

7/27/2010 12:15 am

As I wait for the caffeine work its way out of my system I cannot help but remember friends in my life who I've lost contact with, some on purpose others due to time. I remember one friend in particular who I've recently cut off from my life. She was someone who I was able to talk to openly but there was always something that was missing. I realized when I was going through a rough patch with my husband why the friendship was not a good one for me; I couldn't talk to her about my problems. Isn't that one of the major purposes of having a friend? A confidant? A girlfriend whom you are to share important milestones with? I was not able to do this things with her and that is when I decided to end it. Often times, after speaking to her, I would feel emotionally drained that my husband would ask why I am still talking to her. I reply with 'but she is my friend' I still feel troubled by it but I think of it this way; at least I don't have to lay awake at night pondering what is wrong with me and this friendship, I know this time that it is the caffeine.

Have you ever had this kind of friendship?

No comments:

Post a Comment